Saturday, December 19, 2009

What is the best shampoo to deordorize a dog?

My dog, who is the sweetest thing, is an old 150 lbs female. Bless her heart, I bath her and bath her and she is still slightly stinky. Is it because she is 12, or what? Also, does anyone know of a good shampoo or another way to deodorize her?What is the best shampoo to deordorize a dog?
Sprinkle baking soda onto her dry coat, and brush her. you can do this anytime and as many times as needed.What is the best shampoo to deordorize a dog?
I use Fresh 'n Clean Oatmeal 'n Baking Soda scented. It works nice for my pups. Are you sure it's a body odor and not a mouth odor? My chihuahua was so stinky and I thought he had bad doggy BO until I realized that it was his breath. Rawhide and especially those hoof thingees make such a stinky mess!
Bathing to often is not a healthy treatment.While simply rubbing baking soda thru her coat will help I have an Idea ,since she%26lt;s 12 yrs old that the problem could be internal and need to be treated internally.You could try chlorophyll tablets.Is it her teeth,?Do anal glands need to be evacuated?None of this? Last Resort A trip to the Dr. Good Luck to you..
I'm not sure but u kno u shouldn't bath ur day to much its bad 4 them I would say if u have to only do it once a month 2 if necessary but not more then that plz
Never buy any dog shampoos that contain soap..this irritates their skin and can lead to problems..Try using an oatmeal based dog wash. It smells great and then use a dog cologne when they are dry you can purchase these from your vets or pet store. Make sure your dog has a well balanced diet as that can attribute to them smelling..You will never totally get rid of the doggy smell, this is just natural..
Bath wipes, doggy cologne, there are even powders you can use to keep your pet smelling fresh. I hate bathing my dog and I hate paying the groomer to do it until she really needs it, my dog is very clean but she gets a bit smelly from time to time I use all 3 I listed above (not together) You will probably need to use about 4 wipes on a dog that size I use 2 on my little girl and shes about 50 lbs. Oh I get the wipes at walmart and the spray and powders can be found online at petsmart.com or at a local petsmart or petco. Another thing that may help keep her smelling good after shampoo is use a dog conditioner. I hope this helps.
Perhaps she stinks from the food/treats you are giving her. Ask your vet about a diet change. Better to treat the underlying cause if there is one. My dogs hardly ever need baths. They do like to swim so that is usually a plus over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment