Monday, December 28, 2009

What's the best shampoo and conditioner to bathe my puppy in?

I have a 7 week old Aussie pup that I'm going to start bathing once weekly. I'm looking for the best economical puppy shampoo and conditioner for her. Any suggestions?What's the best shampoo and conditioner to bathe my puppy in?
Just get a puppy shampoo (or regular dog shampoo) from the pet supply store. One that has oatmeal in it, to keep the coat soft and shiny. No need to bathe her any more than every 4-6 weeks. *NOT* every week, you'll dry out your puppy's skin! Skip the dog conditioner at this point, too... if your pup is on a good quality kibble, you shouldn't need it.





In between baths, just brush her regularly to keep her coat looking good, and to stimulate her natural oils, which will help to keep her clean. If she gets muddy paws or a little dirty, you can use ';dog wipes'; or regular baby wipes for quick clean up jobs.





Good luck :DWhat's the best shampoo and conditioner to bathe my puppy in?
I don't think a puppy should be bathed that often. It will dry up the natural oils in the coat and can do more harm than good. It can cause the coat to become dull and scurfy. If the puppy is a little strong in the doggy odour department, you can purchase an ionic pet brush. You flick a switch and as you brush, the coat is bombarded with negative ions, which get rid of the bacteria that causes the smell. The dog doesn't feel anything other than the brushing and you don't end up eating soap. It is called a dry bath, and is much better for the coat and skin. I don't bath my dogs and they don't smell. Unless your pup rolls in something nasty, he should not be bathed weekly. IF, on occasion he needs a bath, then something containing aloe vera will be soothing and gentle.
What ever you do, do not use any of the shampoos found in your local pet store. Not only are they extremely strong and can cause skin irritation to you puppy. The best shampoo to use is, believe it or not, its baby shampoo, not only is it extremely mild but will not harm the skin or eyes. It鈥檚 good for you and your puppy.
Don't bath your dog on a regular basis, it dries out their skin and makes them itchy. I wash my dog with warm water (no shampoo)after a muddy walk and I rarely bath her. I have a shower attachment in an outbuilding and I pretended to shower her when she was a baby, consequently she is not worried about being cleaned almost every day in the Winter.





When I sink my nose into her coat, she smells sweet and so does my house.
I like DVM Pharmaceuticals which isn't cheap but one bottle will last you forever (I use HiLyt). There is no reason to bath your dog every week or even every four weeks. My dogs get bathed once or twice a year tops. They don't stink and they don't feel dirty as long as you keep them brushed out and have them on a decent food.
Once per week is TOO often! If she's a house dog and not coming into contact with filth on a daily basis, she should be bathed every four weeks or so. Her skin will dry and flake if she is bathed too often. Use a mild, puppy shampoo that is tearless. You can find an economical brand at the pet store.
i agree that once a week is too much but as far as shampoos here is what I recommend: Pet Aromatics - they are oatmeal based and don't strip your pups natural oils as much as the chemical ones do.





Really anything oatmeal based is better





http://www.naturalwebstore.com/brand-PET鈥?/a>
If you keep your dog regularly brushed you don't have to bathe him/her but maybe one to two times a month. Brushing keeps their coat shiny, keeps them from matting and they will learn to like it. Invest in a good brush. I don't know how much they shed but if they do it will keep down on excess hair in your house.
Human baby shampoo. It is the best when it comes to tender skin of a small puppy. Even large or adult dogs can be shampooed with it. If you use something stronger you will need the conditioner but not with baby shampoo.
I use PearLyt Shampoo it is Soap-Free Conditioning Formulation with Oatmeal and Brightening Agents in it. It seems to work really good. It helps a lot from getting dry skin it keeps it moisturized.
We always used Johnson's baby shampoo as its cheaper than dog shampoo and does the same job, also as its for babies it doesn`t irritate the puppies skin.
I think probably so flea and tick kind of shampoo. And some conditioner that smells good. A little bit of both
dog shampoo


doc martins

No comments:

Post a Comment